This is a 50 minute session, booked over the course of 5 weeks DEDICATED to introducing you to Pilates.
It is for complete beginners or the person who wishes to go right back to basics. To RECONNECT with their body.
Over the 5 weeks, each week we will concentrate on one of the 6 principles of Pilates, which will give YOU the foundation of ALL Pilates classes. Using these principles in exercise and movement makes Pilates unique to all other exercises.
The 6 ESSENTIAL principles are:
BREATH - I have placed this first as I feel this is Fundamentally the most important. The Pilates Breath is wide and full and helps activate muscles and helps concentration.
CENTRING - Paying attention to the powerhouse (core) will enhance the flow of the moves. Learning how to not over-activate but control your movement.
CONCENTRATION - by focusing on your mind-body, the better connection you will have to the movements
CONTROL - There should be no forced movement. Slow and Steady in the Pilates world to gain maximum benefits.
PRECISION - Proper form is ESSENTIAL for you to gain the maximum benefits.
FLOW - All the Pilates moves should flow. They should be slow and graceful.
As well as the principles the classes will introduce you to
- proper alignment
- Pelvic placement
- Head and neck placement
- Scapular placement
- Spinal articulation
- 6 of the Pilates exercises.
WHAT IS PILATES?
Pilates is a form of exercise created by Joseph Pilates that safely emphasises BALANCED movement through the whole body by:
- Learn the fundamentals of the Pilates method
- Optimal neuro-muscular awareness
- Encourages painless movement
When & Where
We will be running 2 classes
TUESDAY - 7pm
St Lukes Church Hall
37 Morley Hill
WEDNESDAY - 7pm
Bush Hill Park Bowls & Tennis Club
Bush Hill Paark
The cost of the 5 week course will be £45 payable before the course starts. (sorry, non refundable and non transferable).
Due to the progressive nature of the course, I ask that you commit to all 5 weeks to get to MOST out of the course.
What to wear/Bring
- Please wear loose workout clothing that is comfortable to move in but not restrictive or revealing.
- Pilates is performed in bare feet.
- If we experience any cold weather, then specific Pilates socks can be worn,but not recommended.
- Mats will be provided but it is always recommended to bring your own for comfort and hygiene purposes.
- Please bring a bottle of water.
- Please bring a small towel.
All other equipment will be provided.