We are beyond excited to launch our new healthy eating plan
“I’m sweet enough” is a healthy eating plan designed to cut down on your refined sugar and carbohydrate intake whilst eating healthy fats and portion control for a better, healthier and fitter life. No counting calories. This plan is to educate you into eating healthier and making smart nutritious choices. You will NOT be cutting out any food groups or counting calories.
The food you eat has a huge effect on your health and happiness. When you make a conscious effort to put healthier ‘clean’ foods into your body you will notice a major difference to how you feel. Combine this healthy eating plan with our daily workouts for maximum results. We promise by sticking to this plan you will feel energised and invigorated and in control of your life. We will not be cutting healthy fats as our bodies NEED a certain amount of fats. In fact, the exact opposite happens when we cut fats, our bodies hold onto the fat as storage.
We encourage you to try new recipes and to make the gradual changes to your life to get the best results and to ensure that you are making a lifestyle change. This is NOT A FAD diet. This is a lifestyle change that WILL help you to lose WEIGHT, it WILL help you to live a BETTER life, it WILL make you FITTER and stronger.
By eating nutritious food, fuelling your body and cutting out sugar, you will FEEL FULLER, you will slowly STOP the cravings for sugar and stodgy food as your body is getting all the nutrition that it requires so will stop asking for that quick fix.
We don’t believe in cutting out any food groups but cutting down on the unhealthy ones. Cutting out a complete food group can be very detrimental to our health and have the exact opposite leading to weight gain, illness and some diseases.
In this plan you will be cutting down/eliminating REFINED SUGARS for more natural sugars, STARCHY CARBS for slow release carbs, UNHEALTHY (Saturated) FATS for unsaturated fats like rapeseed, olive or sunflower oils, and eating more nutritious foods, that WILL help you to lose WEIGHT, to FEEL less tired, BE less sluggish, have MORE energy and FEEL GREAT.
There are many hidden SUGARS in today’s diet and we do not realise that we are consuming many more calories from these hidden Refined sugars. National Surveys state that as a nation we are eating too much sugar and we are now ranked the most obese country in the world. It’s important to keep an eye on the amount of added sugar we are eating, or that is in our drinks, so that we don’t end up consuming too many calories.
Studies have shown that a high intake of SUGAR can lead to an increase in:
- Weight gain
- Hormone imbalance
- Moods, Anxiety, depression
- Skin conditions
- Cardiovascular health
- Liver Problems
- High Blood Sugar
To name a few.
There are 5 different groups in a healthy diet
- Fruit & Vegetables
- Proteins – meat fish, eggs, beans
- Milk & Dairy foods
- Fats & Sugars
We should focus on a balance of all food groups and focusing on what you could be eating more of.
You will be choosing a healthier choice and swapping fatty and sugary snacks for fruit and vegetables and have good helpings of these at mealtimes too. Go for low-fat milk and dairy products, ditch the white starchy carbohydrates for wholegrain versions, and choose pulses and fish instead of processed or fatty meat, for example. You will be well on your way to a healthy balance that is low in saturated fat and added sugar.
Everyone wants quick results but this does not lay down the necessary changes that the body needs to adapt to the new eating plan. That’s why most diets do not work.
“I’m a personal trainer and was an obese child. I have tried every diet known and believe that I have ruined my body by cutting out important food groups, I wish the advice given to me was just to make those healthier choices and not cut fat out completely”
The KEY elements to this plan:
- Help you to choose HEALTHIER food choices
- To lose WEIGHT
- Help you to understand YOUR body and its needs
- BE accountable for your nutrition
- Help you to FEEL less tired
- HAVE more energy
- FEEL less sluggish and bloated
- FEEL more alive
- HAVE beautiful skin, hair and nails
- GET ACTIVE
- IMPROVE/MAINTAIN your cardio HEALTH
- INCREASE body strength
- STRENGTHEN your bones
- Help you to FEEL AWESOME
What this plan includes:
- Healthy Eating Plan split into clear and easy to follow steps
- Week 1 GETTING STARTED, DONE-FOR-YOU meal plan. (PDF)
- Meal planner diary (PDF)
- 20 + recipes
- Join our CLOSED Facebook support group
- Weekly Facebook accountability weigh in
- Starting Small Tips
- Motivational Tips
- Whats holding you back?
- Exercise Tips and tutorials.
- FREE recipes added
- Hidden Sugar (Infograph)
- Different types of Fats (Infograph)
- Sugars in different foods (Infograph)
- Names for sugars (Infograph)
- Names of fats (Infograph)
- Saturated fats V unsaturated fats (Infograph)
- Tips to help reduce unhealthy fats
- Foods to help banish belly fat
- Eat well plate
- Portion Guide
- Recipe Finder Links
- Can I drink Alcohol?
- Understanding Labels
- Finding Sugars in labels
- Finding fats in labels
- Dieting Myths
- The facts about Cholesterol
- LDL’s & HDL’s
- BMI calculator
- Informative Links
- The difference between Visceral Fat and Subcutaneous fat
- GET Walking
- Set Challenges
- Workout Guidance
- Weekly Workout Planner (PDF)
- Weight Progress Chart (PDF)
- FREE Subscription to the Bodyfaze Walkie Talkie facebook walking group
- BONUS: extra recipes regularly added
- BONUS: Lifestyle Tips
- BONUS: Wellness Tips
- BONUS: HIIT workout (Video)
- BONUS: Pilates Workout (Video)
- BONUS: Strength Workout (Video)
- BONUS: Boxing Workout (Video)
- BONUS: Kimchi Recipe and the benefits
The negative effects on our bodies of Eating Refined Sugars and processed foods.
- Blood Pressure fluctuations - Sugar causes glucose levels to spike and drop.
- Weight Gain - Well YEAH. Build up of fat in the liver leading to weight Gain as well as the added calories.
- Bad Skin - Sugar breaks down the collagen which leads to skin ageing and wrinkles
- Low energy levels
- mood swings - this is when your levels drop after eating sugar
- Main cause of chronic diseases
- Cancer - High sugar intake leads to elevated levels of insulin and unregulated cell multiplication in cancerous tissues
- Diabetes type 2
- Pancreas - When you eat, your pancreas pumps out insulin. But if you’re eating way too much sugar and your body stops responding properly to insulin, your pancreas starts pumping out even more insulin. Eventually, your overworked pancreas will break down and your blood sugar levels will rise, setting you up for type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart - the extra insulin in your bloodstream can affect your arteries.
- Inflammation through out the body - Chronic Inflammation, caused by sugar intake, can lead to a higher risk of cancer.
- Fatty Liver - Your Liver becomes resistant to Insulin.
- Weakened Immune System -
- Tooth Decay - Bacteria that causes tooth decay Love sugar.
- Brain Function - The brain releases a chemical called dopamine (a feel-good chemical) this is what gives you the craving.
- Joints - Studies indicate that the effects of eating too much sugar can lead to rheumatoid arthritis
- Kidneys - The kidneys filter the blood sugar, If sugar levels are too high, then it lets it our in your urine.
- Sexual Health - Chronically high levels of sugar in the blood stream can make men impotent.
We all know that we are eating too much sugar and that it isn't good for us. Yet you’re probably still overdoing it: We are all eating way more than the recommended 6 teaspoons for women and 9 teaspoons for men. and that's not from the natural sources in foods like milk or fruits.
The foods that we all know about are sweets, sugary drinks, baked foods, and sweetened dairy. But, sugar is everywhere, even places that you do not suspect it doesn't have to be sweet for instance, some savoury foods such as breads, tomato sauce, in fact most sauces, protein bars, dressings in salads. Even harder to spot are the sugars on labels as they do not want to tell you that there is sugar in this product, so they will list it as a number or fool you with a name, such as sucrose, palm sugar, corn syrup, agave nectar, or cane juice to name a few.
Quite frankly, every cell in our body is affected by sugar with very serious affects.
SIGN UP NOW
Who is this plan for?
Is this a Vegan or Gluten free diet?
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
How will the plan be presented?
How long is the plan?
KAREN has been in the fitness industry for over 30 years and has seen and tried every fad diet possible. Much to the detriment of her body. Fed up with all the conflicting advice being given everywhere, she decided to research recipes that made sense to her and how her body felt. She was an obese child but managed to hold off the weight through error and lots and lots of exercise. Weight started to pile on when a family member had a near fatal accident and her stress levels and adrenal glands were working overtime. Not enjoying or knowing her own body pushed her to research deeper into healthier living and wellness. Nearly every book, online course, snippet, research that she read covered SUGAR and FAT and that fat was not necessarily the villain as once told but was sugar. Karen is a keen martial artist holding a Black Belt, She is a qualified Pilates instructor, Pilates Barre, Boxing Instructor, Holds Circuit classes and is currently studying Peri-Menopause, Pelvic Floor Health and wants to continue no to do Meno Strength qualification.
“I am not a nutritionist or Dietician, but even I was lost with all the marketing of this is good, this is bad, this is that, it left my head spinning thinking what on earth could I eat then?.”